Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Weak and cowardly


















"When is it my turn to be Reichskanzler? You promised I'd get to have a go! Can I at least drive?"


Jews Jones not to blame: Costello

December 20, 2005 - 12:14PM


Racism in Australia can easily be "whipped up", says Treasurer Peter Costello, but he does not blame the media.

Mr Costello said today gangs of youths had incited racism in Sydney, but said the local media were not responsible for fanning the flames.

"I think racism can be easily whipped up in Australia," Mr Costello said.

"I don't think there's racism on the street, no, I think we're a very accepting country," he told ABC Radio.

Sydney talkback radio personalities, including Macquarie Radio's Alan Jones, have been accused of fuelling racial tensions in the wake of the recent Cronulla riot.

Asked if he thought Jones "went too far", Mr Costello said he did not.

"That's not what I mean by whipping up," Mr Costello said.

"I think it can be fanned if gangs of youths come into a neighbourhood and try and take it over. That can fan racism.

SMH

Racism is the fault of the ethnic group being victimised rather than a hate radio station that reads out incitements to violence on air and eggs on criminals. Well done Pete, 300,000 votes will surely flow your way from Alan "wog basher" Jones. Costello's got a yellow streak down his back a mile wide. He can't face up to John Howard so he's taken a break from begging to have a go at being PM to wiggle his hips at Johnny's electorate.

No comments: