Thursday, November 10, 2005

Leader of the Free World



“We do not torture. And, therefore, we’re working with Congress to make sure that as we go forward, we make it possible -- more possible to do our job.” - George W Bush, not torturer.

"They made me stand on a box with a robe on my head and arms flat out in the air. They told me they would electrify me. I did not believe them. Then they took two wires and stuck them into my body. I felt like my eyeball was falling out. Then I fell to the ground." - Haj Ali al-qaysi, not tortured by Americans.


"What U.S. forces did to me, Saddam Hussein himself did not do," al-Radi said through a translator. "During Saddam Hussein's time, we used to be tortured. The scars from the torture I received during the previous regime still mark parts of my body. But I was never forced into nudity. There were never any immoral practices during Saddam Hussein's regime." - Saddam Saleh al-Radi, not tortured by Americans.


"Frederick had come once or twice with a group of dogs," Abbas said. "They would tie us to the doors and then unleash the dogs on us. Graner was a disgrace to all civilized and democratic values every day. Graner enjoyed seeing prisoners tortured and tied up in the cells." ...

"Usually when prisoners are brought in, Graner would be present," Abbas said. "First of all, they would be made naked, with their hands behind their backs. Then, they would put the bag over their heads, using shoes to beat them on sensitive parts of their bodies, pushing them against the walls." ...

"He made me put my hand out in the cell bars and would stomp with his boots on this hand." - Haj Ali Shallal Abbas, not tortured by Americans.


"My son was beaten in front of my eyes," al-Hasani said through a translator. "The hood was over his head. And he was dragged on the floor. And he was pushed into the walls."

Her son was released the same day he was beaten, something that was kept from al-Hasani during her whole three months in prison.

Al-Hasani's family ties were twice exploited - by the beating of her son, and while she was being held in the high-security interrogation center near Baghdad International Airport.

"For six days, the hood was not removed from my head," she said. "Neither were my handcuffs taken off. When they pushed a young girl into my cell, she had a hood on. And I thought it was my daughter. But when I removed the hood, it was someone else. I broke down." - Mithaal Sultan al-Hasani, not tortured by Americans.


No comments: